Ferries on the Loire
On foot, by bike or by car
Sanitary measures: Wearing a mask is compulsory for pedestrians and cyclists. Motorists must remain in their vehicles.
With the ferry, cross the river for free at two points: between Basse-Indre and Indret and between Couëron and Le Pellerin.
With the whole family by bike, take the 2 ferries for a ride.
Start from Nantes towards Indre and take the ferries to cross the river. For lunch, recharge your batteries with a well-deserved pancake at the Restaurant la Martinière.
Easy 56 km round trip: Nantes > The Mountain > Indret (ferry) Indre > Couëron (ferry) Le Pellerin > Indret (ferry) Indre > Nantes (possibility to take the train in Couëron to go back to Nantes, 33 km trip).
The musts of the day:
- In Nantes, Les Anneaux by Daniel Buren and Patrick Bouchain.
- In Rezé, Trentemoult, an old fishing village on the banks of the Loire and Le Pendule de Roman Signer
- In Port-Lavigne (Bouguenais), The Settlers by Sarah Sze
- In Saint-Jean de Boiseau, Le Château du Pé and Jeppe Hein's Did I miss something?
- At the Canal de la Martinière (Le Pellerin), Misconceivable by Erwin Wurm called "the soft boat".
- Discover all the works on the Estuary trail
If you are in Indre, a small tour of the market with local producers in a magnificent setting on the banks of the Loire, on Sunday morning (from 8am to 1.30pm).
Let's get organized:
Bike Rental : Bike'n tour
Restaurant La Martinière : 09 69 80 21 46